Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The four-letter word.....almost!

Last night while the girls were playing together I heard what was the beginning of a skirmish between them. It didn't sound like anything major so I opted to let them "work it out". Then, to my absolute horror, I heard Ryann ~ my four year old angel of a daughter ~ belt out "Dammit"!!! I, of course, called her into the next room where I was sitting and asked her to explain what had just happened. It seems that Kamri had taken Ryann's purse and was looking through her wallet and "wouldn't give it back". So, in a moment of pure frustration, Ryann said "dammit". She knew that what she had done was wrong because before she relayed this story to me she stared at the floor and told me that she didn't want to be in trouble. And I know that this probably makes me a horrible parent - but for the life of me I couldn't help but laugh inwardly when she repeated the "bad word". It seems so odd to see your innocent little girly-girl use such a word! So, we called her Daddy and she had to tell him the story - and that was her punishment.....cause she did NOT want to tell her Daddy what she had said! Now, I think it's important that I also point out that this is not the first time that such foul language has escaped the mouth of my daughter......at one point several months ago she was heard using the "f-word"....glad I didn't hear that one!

After that, the rest of the evening seemed boring.

Kamri is very excited about her upcoming birthday. In fact, she's been talking about it since July!! I still haven't decided what to get for her......because I swear there's NOTHING this child needs except maybe clothes. But come on, that's just not fun when you're three!!! So, I'm taking her to get "big girl ears just like Ryann's" for her birthday and we'll see what else I can come up with!

Other than that, not a whole lot going on with us these days. Ryann started in an after-school program yesterday and will begin tumbling next Monday. She's really excited about that! And of course, she's still doing wonderfully in school.

I'm going to post several new pics of the girls on Flickr.com so check it out!! I'll include some of Kamri's birthday pics!

Love to all!!!!

4 comments:

The Honeycutt Family said...

We are getting her clothes of course - but also a "big girl bike". It's more of a 3-wheeler but perfect for her size now. Not sure what else at this moment - but we shall see! So many options with a house/yard to play in now!

Adam and Courtney said...

Adam told me about this last night... it's hard to punish kids for this, because you know she heard it some place and picked up on it - we all need to watch what we say a little better.

I'm sure Kamri could tell you 100 things she would like to have, that's the great thing about being a kid; your wish list is always full!! What should we get her? I'll make her some Aggie-alls, but what toys would she like to have??

Oh, btw; I would have giggled a little inside to hear her say the "bad word", although it wasn't funny at all when she said the "f" word - I almost had a stroke!!!

The Honeycutt Family said...

Slideshow of pics up if you'd like to see!

The Honeycutt Family said...

As we discussed earlier - Kamri may have also picked up on a choice phrase somewhere. Will keep you posted if it was a fluke. Kids do this at this age especially when they're in a daycare/school setting - and it gets worse if you acknowledge it in ANY way - so we're hoping that will work with her by not saying anything. She's already such a joy and the sweetest thing - we went shopping and got some clothes/shoes for her and she modeled for daddy! Too cute! Will take pics tomorrow! Off to bed!