Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

To all my Mommy friends......


Okay ~ normally when I post updates on my blog it's to bring everyone up to speed on the family. Well, this one is going to be a little different. I'm in need of some advice from my friends and I'm hoping that this will be a good way for me to get it.

So, as everyone knows Grant was born 8 days ago......and I'm absolutely in love with this little boy! Just looking at him warms my heart. I mean c'mon.....can you blame me?? Just look at our little man!!

But....here's the deal. I'm going NUTSO sitting in my house everyday!!! I LOVE being able to be here with Grant and taking care of him. But I'm having a little bit of a hard time remembering how to just be me. There are still the daily things that need to me done around here.....cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. And I'm getting back into being able to do all of those things (after recovering). But, I'm also wanting to start working again. I had GREAT momentum built up with my Mary Kay business and with the birth of Grant, I feel as though that has come to a complete STOP!! I need to get myself back out there making contacts and holding appointments, but honestly I'm afraid of overdoing it and putting myself back several steps in the recovery process. I'm also DESPERATELY ready to start working out......but right now walking to the bus stop to get the girls off the bus in the afternoon wears me out. I guess in this particular situation I'm just expecting too much too soon. I'm frustrating myself because I'm not able to do everything that I would like to be able to do......and I know that I'm probably putting too much on myself.....but I'm just not a sit around the house and do nothing kind of person. And I'm going a little stir crazy!! However, I'm not interested in just leaving my house for the sake of leaving my house.........I'm looking to do something productive!!! I feel like I'm not being productive and it makes me feel awful!

So, this is basically a request for some advice, support, suggestions, tips, or anything else that you all have to offer. I trust all of my mommy friends and would love to hear what you have to say. Don't hold back. I know that this post probably sounded like a lot of whining.......but I'm in need of my girlfriends right now........so there it is.

What do you think?? If you can't comment on this site, just send me a message of facebook or email me at melk8879@yahoo.com.

Thank you all so much for loving me enough to help!!

Melony

2 comments:

Adam and Courtney said...

Anyone would go crazy just sitting at home doing their mommy duties every second of the day!

I was blessed and had the opertunity to stay home with Aiden for almost 4 years. They were the greatest 4 years, but very little of my time was spent actually sitting at home.

The great thing about a company like Mary Kay is that you can work, and still be very active with your family. I'm not sure how you made new contacts before the baby, but (this really helped my photograhy bus. back in the day.) Join a mom's group. You will have a chance to meet like minded mothers, who want to put their family first. Some may be interested in the business side of Mary Kay while others would love to learn about taking better care of their skin, and would love to shop w/ a good, trusted Mommy freind.... or they have friends/family who would love to be apart of your business. Not to mention you would be making friends! (and probably w/ women who have a child(ren) close to yours, so you would also be helping the kids make friends).

The exercise part, you're just going to have to wait on. BUT, you can strap Grant in sling, or toss him in a stroller and take nice long walks. This is great, EASY exercise, and awsome bonding time w/ the baby!

You and Jessica can work out a baby switch, when the boys get older. You could each take the other's baby for 3-4 hours once a week, or more often, or for longer stretches of time if that works better. You could each use your time alone to work on your business, or get that much needed nap or hair cut - but use that time being YOU.

Also, and I think this is a BIG one. Get involved w/ Ryann and Kamri's school. PTO is ALWAYS looking for parents to get involved. This would fill that need to be productive, while investing in your child(ren)'s education. Plus it could also help you to have a bit of extra one on one time w/ each of the kids.

Plus, lets not forget date night! Send the kids to Gammaw for a few hours while you and Steve grab a bite to eat, or head to the movies.

Hope that helps!

Adam and Courtney said...

adorable picture too!