Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Welcome 2012!!!

Out with 2011 and in with 2012.  As I sit here on my bed watching the ball drop, I find my eyes filling with tears at the thought of all of the memories we've made over the past 365 days.  We've watched Ryann turn 9, Kamri turn 8, and our baby turned one this year!  Both Steve and I started new jobs quite unexpectedly, but it's been such a blessing for our family.  And of course, who can forget the biggest new development of all.....an engagement!!!  The next 12 months are sure to bring so much excitement!!  Along with planning 10th, 9th, and 2nd birthday parties, we will also be planning a wedding!  That one is hard to believe.  I've tried to share the really big events of the past year here on our blog (although I wasn't always successful as I'd hoped) so, at thie time there really isn't much to update on.  I do, however, realize that I did not post a single work about our Christmas celebration.  So, composing that post is something that will have to go on the to-do list.  I also have a couple hundred photos that need to be uploaded from the past coupl eof months as well.  I've gotten somewhat behind....my apologies.

And of course, with the coming of a new year you have to have those new resolutions!  So, I thought I'd share mine with you here on our blog.  I can't promise that I'll be 100% successful at keeping them, but I can promise you to give it my best effort.  So, without further ado here are a few of my 2012 resolutions.

1.  Project 365 ~ I attempted this one last year, but wasn't very good at remembering to upload the pictures everyday....and then I found myself so far behind that I couldn't remember which days were which.  So, here's a shot at getting it right this time.
2.  Work on setting up a functional budget for our family ~ This is probably going to be a "work in progress" for the first few months, but the goal is to have our budget under control and working for us by mid-year.
3.  Lose those last 20 pounds ~ Just within the past 2 weeks I've managed to get slightly below my pre(3rd)pregnancy weight.  So, the goal now is to lose those last 20 pounds and be able to consider myself a much healthier person for it!
4.  Build that stockpile!!!  I, of course, am looking forward to growing as a thrifty and frugal shopper saver this year!  I've been couponing for 8 months now and I feel like I've really gotten a good grasp of how this whole thing works....so, I'm on the right path for this one to be a success!
5.  Be a better blogger ~ I have to be honest.  I've really tried to do a better job with the blogging this year.  Or rather, the last couple of months of 2011....but man, life can really get in the way!  So, this year I'm going to try to set aside time every week to update our blog.  Even if there's nothing exciting going on with us, it's fun to just sit and write sometimes.  Gotta get those creative juices flowing!!

So, that's about it for me.  And here's to the first blog post of the 2012!!!!

Happy New Year!
Melony : )

No comments: