Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Sunday, January 08, 2012

January 8th already???

I can't believe that we are already one full week into 2012.  But, the good news is that we are all well on our way to having things back to "normal" (whatever that is).  The kids started back to school on Monday the 2nd and Steve and I took that day to get the Christmas decorations taken down and the house cleaned since I was lucky enough to be off work.  It was a BUSY day!  And when I went to bed I was beyond exhausted......but quite frankly I was sick of looking at the wonderful Christmas "clutter" which before Christmas day I refer to as "decorations".  Why is it that every year once Christmas day is over, I'm suddenly very aware of how much new STUFF has come into my house and grappling with where to put it all?? 

Tuesday, however it was back to the "real world".....work for myself and Steve and school for the kiddos.  And to some it might sound sad, but I am pleased to announce that we had a very uneventful week.  After all the craziness of the holidays, a little boring family life is just what I need.....can I get an amen!

Today I've spent the majority of the day cleaning house and getting us further organized.  And although I'm extremely tired, it feels good to go to bed tonight and know that it's done.  Nothing life the feeling of accomplishing items on your to-do list and getting to cross them off

So, an update on my resolutions:  I have managed to take a few pictures this week to add to my Project 365 album.....however the batteries in my camera need to be replaced, so I haven't been able to transfer them to the computer.  I can feel myself slowly falling behind on this one.  I'm down another 2 pounds since last week......only about 16 more to go and I'll finally be at my goal weight!!!  I had a GREAT shopping trip yesterday.  I was able to get a little over $415 worth of products for $95......an overall savings of 75%.  And considering that I purchased enough meat to last my family most of this month that's a pretty impressive feat!  And probably the best part in my eyes, is that I was able to help a couple of family members and close friends get some items that they would have purchased anyway for a FRACTION of the cost!  I love helping other people save money!  And finally......I guess you could technically say that I'm being a "good" blogger since it's only been 7 days since my last post.  That's pretty amazing considering my track record.  LOL

I'm still working on getting our photos uploaded.  When you combine the dead camera with a ridiculously awful internet connection that is impossible to predict......I'm giving fair notice that this one might take me a while.  But I'll get started on it ASAP.

Now, off to make dinner, finish the laundry, make lunches for tomorrow, and get kiddos bathed and in bed.  Can't wait to sit down and watch some TV with my fiance (it still feels weird to say that word....lol) while enjoying a nice cup of coffee tonight!  With Steve's work schedule, we rarely see each other on the weekends and definitely look forward to the ability to catch up on Sunday nights!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Melony : )

PS:  I thought I would share one of my favorite photos that was taken during our Christmas break.....so, although this picture has nothing to do with the events of the past week......it's worth sharing!

No comments: