Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Sunday, October 09, 2011

A new appreciation

Sitting around the dinner table this evening, an interesting subject came up.  We started talking about funny things the girls did when they were younger.  Before I knew it I was strolling down memory lane with my girls and it was so much fun!  But aside from it being fun, it also made me really thankful that I started this blog a long time ago.  There have been SO many times in the past that I may have remembered, but not with the clarity that I'll have after reading about it through our blog.  Like the time the girls spilled a TON of cereal on their bedroom floor and I had to clean it up.....or the time they almost flooded the bathroom floor because Kamri liked to play in the water.......good times.

And now back to the present. 

This week has been a good one.  The girls brought home their report cards on Friday and I'm very pleased to post that they BOTH made straight A's for the first six weeks of school.  All three of the kiddos got to spend some time with Gamaw on Friday night, but didn't have a sleepover since we had lots to do this weekend and couldn't waste a single minute. 

On Saturday we ran errands in Rockwall and then went to the grocery store as a family.  That was interesting......Then this morning we got up and headed to church, followed by lunch with Gamaw and Brittany.  But the highlight of the weekend for Ryann & Kamri was definitely getting to go out and ride Twister in the rain!  LOL

It wasn't exactly how you might plan your first experience on a horse...but they both enjoyed it.  They are really looking forward to the "next time" when they can ride on dry ground when it's not raining.  And they both did really well.  They were skittish at first and a little afraid to be close to such big animals.....but Hannah is such a wonderful teacher.....they warmed up very quickly.  I'm telling you one thing though, Ryann, Kamri, and myself were all VERY ready for a shower when we got back home.  I didn't get to take any pictures of the girls due to the weather conditions....but I'll make sure to take pics next time.

This evening has just been a time for us all to relax at home and get ready for another week.  We have a busy one coming up.  We have things planned for every night this week except Friday, which is highly unusual for us.  Also, Kamri will be leaving on Thursday evening to go to her dad's and has an orthodontist appointment on Friday morning...I think to get her braces put on.  We will see.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures of the kiddos this week while we are out and about.  It's been a while since I posted anything recent on here.

Hope everyone is well.

Love to all,
Melony : )

No comments: