Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hitting Home

My mom called me last night to let me know that Jeff, a guy a couple of years younger than me that I grew up with and went to church with was killed yesterday by a bomb while serving time in Iraq. I have to tell you - until that moment, it hadn't really occured to me that this country is at war. But, suddenly it was all very real. A good guy, a guy that I used to hang out with, was the victim of that war. He leaves behind a 2 year old daughter who will never get to know her Daddy. It's incredibly sad. So, if you know anyone who is overseas, please remember them in your prayers daily. Because you never know - and if you're anything like me - you never think you'll see the name of someone that you know listed as a casualty of war.

http://www.legacy.com/WacoTrib/Obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=19219812

1 comment:

Adam and Courtney said...

That is SO sad. A couple mom friends of mine have husbands that are serving, so they as well as all the other men and women are in my nightly prayers. That poor baby girl! I think that's what gets me the most. It's hard growing up and don't having memories of your parent(s).