Living In His Blessings

And Praising Him Every Step of the Way

Monday, December 18, 2006

Oscar for Best Supporting Extra in a TV Drama

There are two TV shows that I watch pretty religiously. Grey's Anatomy (which I think everyone knows)....and Fox's Prison Break. Well, early last week one of my co-workers informed me that Prison Break would be filming here in the big thriving city of Greenville, Texas!! So, as a sort of joke, I submitted an application to be considered for a position as an extra. Apparently I wasn't the only one with this thought. There were 300 applications submitted to the casting agents. And only 30 people selected. SO, on Friday of last week and today (Monday) I was on the set of Prison Break!!! Friday was SUCH a long day......Casting call was at 6:30 AM....and we didn't break until 7:00 PM!! I was exhausted. But it was SO worth it!!! Granted, there was a lot of standing around and a lot of the time we felt like it was a game of "Hurry up and wait". But, I had a blast! That might have something to do with the fact that I appeared in several scenes with the four main stars, Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield), Dominic Purcell (Lincoln Burrows), Paul Adelstein (Paul Kellerman), and Sarah Wayne Callies (Dr. Sara Tancredi)!!!!! For anyone who's never seen the show.....here is the link to the homepage. http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak/ Check it out!!!! The show that I'll be "starring" in (heeheehee) will air on the first Monday night in February. And of course, I'll be sending out a reminder email to everyone!! Here are some pics of the cast members I got a chance to work with....



Okay, other than that our life has been pretty mundane. We're trying to get ready for the Christmas Holidays. Both girls will be visiting their dads this year.....so, our Christmas will have to wait until after the 25th. They're actually coming home on the 26th. So, more information to come later. I'm really tired because I played make-believe all day!! So, I'm outta here.

Talk soon!!

Melony
aka "Best Supporting Extra"

1 comment:

Adam and Courtney said...

How fun! I would never even think to sign up for something like that! We'll be sure and watch 'your' episode!!!

Sorry Christmas has to work like that this year :( I guess it wouldn't do any good for you to get Ryann on the 25th if you don't have Kamri. Just know they'll both be thinking of you!!!!!